Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It has been a very long time!

Like most people who start a blog, I had every intention of keeping it up. I truly believed it would be a cathartic process that would help me as I slog through the murky waters of BCPSS. WRONG! Now I'm sitting here trying to convince myself that I really will post something regularly now that I've found my way back here. I won't, though. All I can promise myself is that I will finish this post.

So, where am I? Still teaching in BCPSS. Still at an alternative school. Less happy and less hopeful that I've ever been. The corporate de-formers and the Arne Duncan Ed. Dept. are making it difficult to do what I, as a teacher, feel is best for my students. I no longer want to be complicit in the mis-education of children. Also, I am finding that the stress of doing what I do is taking its toll on my health. I refuse to continue to put myself at risk any longer. I will take early retirement and head out the door before the calendar year is through. I'm not sure where I'll go or what I'll do, but it will not be in Baltimore and it will not be in a classroom. I would much rather clean toilets at Ralph Wilson Stadium than continue to teach under these circumstances.

There. I have posted. I will add more later. Just not sure what "later" means.

No comments: