Monday, July 20, 2009

Artscape - am I old or just curmudgeonly?

I used to LOVE Artscape. I would attend all three days, spending hours wandering from booth to booth and stage to stage. This year I almost didn't attend. I forced myself to go because I thought I'd regret it if I didn't. I took the Light Rail, arriving around 5 pm with the plan to walk around before planting myself in front of the main stage to see Robert Randolph & the Family Band - the only musical act I had any interest in seeing this year. After an hour and a half of fighting the crowds, I hopped back on the LR and headed home. I no longer have patience for fools who stop to talk in the middle of the flow of humanity, nor for people who stand in the middle of a crowd smoking, nor for morons who think that their dogs and/or their infants (in HUGE strollers) enjoy going to festivals. Next year I WILL stay home.

No comments: