Monday, August 10, 2009

I know who stole my bike!

Too bad there's nothing I can do about it. I came home from running errands on Friday and my next door neighbor called me over and told me he'd seen my bike. He said that a kid who lives around the corner on McHenry rode it right past our houses. He recognized it because it was attached to his fence for 3 weeks and it is an unusual color. Also, it's a woman's bike, which also makes it somewhat rare. I've been slinking through the alley and hanging out on the stoop in hopes of seeing it again, but no luck. He's either keeping it in the house or he sold it down on the Boulevard. I'm still watching, though. I have my trusty baseball bat. If I see him on it, I'd love to sneak up on him and smash one of the wheels with the bat and then tell him to call the police to report what I'd done. Fantasy, but it makes me feel a little better. I knew it had to have been stolen by someone from the neighborhood as my alley doesn't get much traffic from elsewhere. However, it makes me feel worse to know who took it and not be able to do anything about it.

No comments: