Sunday, August 02, 2009

It's my own damn fault!

A few weeks ago I "temporarily" left my bike in my yard. I'd been out of town with it and chained (cabled) it to my fence while I was unloading the car. It was so nice not to have it under-foot in my tiny house that I left it there with the intention of either bringing it in or getting a more substantial lock. Besides, I'm home a lot and my neighbor is home all the time. It was under my bedroom window and I was confident I'd hear anyone coming into the yard as the neighborhood cats always awaken me when they climb my fence. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!! The irony is that I bought the bike through a police auction and had it refurbished. I'd only ridden it once this year - when I was out of town - but I'd planned on ridding it this morning in lieu of going to the gym. More irony. Up until May I'd had another bike which I'd donated to my school for its bike trips with students. Now I have none!!! Guess I can take the annoying bike rack off my car.

So, if anyone sees a lavender women's Cannondale H300 tooling through Pigtown, let me know...

No comments: